I am a second generation Cypriot born in Manchester; I studied Fine Art at Staffordshire University and currently live in Stratford upon Avon with my husband and three children.
I paint with mostly oils but I’m not averse to mixing media.
My working processes are fluid and I enjoy mark-making, layering and the incidental.
My paintings aim to evoke the transience of time and its fleeting memories – “like a tune that wafts in the breeze. ”
Most recently I have completed a series of works entitled, ‘Time and tide wait for no man.’ This work uses the ebb and flow of the tide to mirror time’s rhythms.
As an artist I have been involved in both group and solo exhibitions; helped set up an Artists’ Cooperative and studios and taught art in schools and colleges.
- Bond Gallery solo exhibition. Birmingham
- Pankhurst Centre solo exhibition. Manchester
- Burslem Art centre solo exhibition. Stoke-on-Trent
- Gallery K group exhibition. London
- Bank of Cyprus touring exhibition. London, Cyprus, Greece
- Stoke on Trent Gallery & Museum group exhibition. Stoke on Trent
- ‘Wanton Girls & wicked Women.’ group exhibition. Milton Keynes
- Blackfriars theatre and art centre group exhibition. Boston/ Lincolnshire
- Keele University group exhibition. Staffordshire
- Lichfield Library group exhibition. Lichfield
- Runnymede Gallery group exhibition. Berkshire
- Art in the Ark exhibition group exhibition. Basingstoke
- Prize winner at Pershore open arts Competition. Worcestershire
- RBSA open all media competition. Birmingham
- Little Buckland Gallery Broadway Arts Festival open competition. Worcestershire
- The Gallery Chipping Norton Theatre solo exhibition. Oxfordshire
- The people’s landscape.’ Claydon House. Berkshire
- The Herbert Art gallery open art competition. Coventry
- Rugby Art Gallery & Museum, ‘2 Blues,’ duo exhibition. Rugby